What we do
We advise a broad range of national and international financial institutions on financial markets regulation. Clients include banks, asset managers, investment funds, custodians, brokers, dealers, investment advisers, insurers, pension funds, payment institutions, fintech, crypto services providers, trading platforms, investment firms and other financial services providers.
Our regulatory team assists clients with navigating the continually evolving financial markets regulation. The team is best known for its expertise in the investment services, asset management and market infrastructure space and it’s pragmatic and hands on approach. Our work includes:
- advising on the scope and interpretation of the Dutch Financial Supervision Act (including exceptions and exemptions);
- assisting and advising clients on regulatory authorisations or registration for accessing the Dutch market;
- obtaining the relevant regulatory approvals from the DNB and/or the AFM for acquisitions, reorganisations of and divestments in or by financial institutions;
- assisting and advising clients with the implementation of new regulations, including SFDR, Taxonomy Regulation, AML, IFR / IFD, regulations relating to remuneration and remuneration policies;
- assisting and advising clients on regulation relating to digital assets (crypto);
- advising on outsourcing agreements and arrangements;
- advising on matters relating to market abuse and shareholdings disclosures;
- assisting and advising clients in relation to enforcement actions from or other dealings with the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and/or the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM).